1. Rodent Tissue: Approximately 30mg of rodent tissue (liver is recommended tissue but other tissues can also be submitted) in a 1.5ml snap-top tube or screw-top cryovial.
2. NOTE: Tissue is preferred, but DNA may be submitted if high quality.
3. DNA: At least 1µg total of DNA in a 1.5ml snap-top tube or screw-top cryovial.
a. DNA samples should be submitted at a minimum volume of 100 µl at a concentration of 20ng/µl.
b. If submitted in a snap-top tube, make sure top is secure by sealing with ParaFilm to prevent sample leakage if lid becomes loose during shipment.
c. NOTE: tails, tissue, or ear punches are preferred, but if DNA is high quality, it may be submitted.
1. Rodent Tissue (liver, transplantable tumors, etc.) should be placed in individually labeled 1.5ml tubes and flash frozen in liquid nitrogen or frozen overnight in -20° or -80° freezer. Once frozen, the samples should be placed in a plastic bag or cardboard sample box. Ship samples to our facility by overnight courier with sufficient dry ice so that samples remain frozen during shipment.
2. DNA should be placed in individually labeled 1.5ml tubes. Tubes should be tightly sealed (screw-top caps) or sealed with ParaFilm to prevent accidental opening during shipping. Place in a plastic bag or cardboard sample box. Ship samples to our facility by overnight courier. During warm weather an ice pack is recommended if extreme temperatures are expected.
4011 Discovery Drive